Resources for Student Parents
George Mason University supports working and learning mothers. As such, we offer private spaces on each campus to accommodate nursing mothers. While we do have dedicated spaces for lactation on campus, we understand that convenience is important as well.
The following locations are dedicated and formal lactation spaces for breastfeeding mothers:
- Location: Ground Floor Ladies Room
- Hours: Available during JC operating hours. To view updated building hours, visit https://studentcenters.gmu.edu/hours.
- How to Access: This lactation room requires a key code to enter, which changes seasonally. Please visit the Johnson Center Information Desk during building hours for the key code to enter.
If you experience any issues with this space, please visit the Johnson Center Information Desk for assistance.
- Location: 4th floor, HR & Payroll office
- Hours: Available M-F, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- How to Access: Please visit Human Resources & Payroll (4th floor to the left of the elevators) between the hours of8:30am and 5:00pm to request access to this lactation space. There is a breast pump available on site in this space (please request the pump when renting the room).
If you experience any issues with this space, please contact Human Resources & Payroll at (703) 993 – 2600 or email@example.com.
Nguyen Engineering Building
- Location: Private Office
- Hours: Varied
- How to Access: Since this lactation space is an internal office within the Nguyen Engineering Building, all who need access should contact Kimberly Goodwin-Slater or Patricia Sahs at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, respectively, at least one day in advance to request use of the space. Availability for the space will vary based on use of the office.
If you experience issues with this space, please contact Kimberly Goodwin-Slater or Patricia Sahs directly.
- Location: Room 1004 (to the left of the Enrollment desk)
- Hours: Available M-F, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- How to Access: Please visit the Enrollment desk located on the first floor of SUB I during the hours of 9:00am to5:00pm to request access to this space.
If you experience any issues with this space, please visit the Enrollment desk for assistance.
- Location: Room 323A
- Hours: Available 7 days a week from 7:00am to 11:00pm.
- How to Access: The door should remain unlocked unless another mother is using it. Please lock the door when you are using the space.
If you experience any issues with this space, please contact Arlington Operations at (703) 993 – 2525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Science and Technology Campus:
Student Health Services
- Location: Colgan Hall, Room 229 (Student Health Services)
- Hours: M & W: 9:00am – 4:30pm; Th: 11:00am-6:30pm (open availability during fall and spring semesters).
- How to Access: Please visit Student Health Services during operating hours to request use of the space. If you need to access the space after-hours or in the summer, please contact the SciTech Executive Office at (703) 993 – 8355.
If you experience any issues with this space, please contact Student Health Services at (703) 993 – 8374.
“Teacher of the Year Mandy Manning wears Women’s...profeminist: “Teacher of the Year Mandy Manning wears Women’s March, #transgender rights badges during Trump meeting https://buff.ly/2FEMg6C via @thehill” Source: Trans Equality NOT ALL HEROES WEAR CAPES MANDY MANNING -
Mary Hallaren (1907-2005) was the first...celebratingamazingwomen: Mary Hallaren (1907-2005) was the first woman to officially join the US Army. Other women had joined before on several occasions, but only by pretending to be men. She began working as a teacher, but in 1942 joined the Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps (WAC). By 1947, she achieved the rank of colonel, and became […]
For us to showcase this character who is a core...davis-viola: For us to showcase this character who is a core member of the ensemble, who’s not going anywhere, who is happy, who has friends, a chosen family that she loves, and who is successful in her life, is something I never saw growing up on television. I never thought a happy ending could be […]